Monday, October 25, 2010

Week 4


G'day all

Last night was Halloween. It is celebrated on the 31st October each year. Can you work out the words associated with Hallowe'n in this wordle?

Wordle: Untitled

What does Halloween mean? Have a look at this Youtube link and then in your blog write a report about it. Follow the correct format for a report. Use an introduction and then 2 or 3 paragraphs describing aspects/features of the holiday. Is Halloween celebrated in your country? Do you have anything like this holiday?

Well I had a great few days in Melbourne but it's still nice to get home! I'm not into horse racing so that didn't interest me much but I was lucky enough to get to go and meet the owners/trainers and jockey of a race! I even got to stand behind the man presenting the trophy!!! Very exciting!!

It was also great to catch up with friends and enjoy the atmosphere which goes with the whole Melbourne Cup carnival. The weather turned awful about lunch time and it poured rain all day! I saw many celebrities from TV and sports stars too! I finally got back to the hotel at 11.30pm and my feet were killing me!

As we read and heard this morning, not only is the Melbourne Cup a very important event in Melbourne each year but it's big all over Australia! It is the race that stops a nation! We'll have a look at other aspects of the Cup tomorrow in class!

As part of your oral presentation you'll have to produce a powerpoint slide show. I told Andrew that I would show you how to use the program and that you could practise in this class. So, have a look at this link and follow the prompts to produce your own powerpoint presentation. Have a look at my first attempt at creating a slide show! I just tried to use as many techniques as possible for fun! For practice, I'd like you to choose your favourite animal and try to make a slide show using images from Google and some info!

Happy blogging!

1 comment:

fatima said...

hello Marion, thank you about asking us to write something concerning "Halloween Day" that made me search and find values information . I really enjoyed this task.