Sunday, September 5, 2010

Week 7








G'day all
I hope all the fathers in your lives had a good day yesterday! Was it Father's Day in your country too? Post a comment at the end of this post and tell me how you celebrated the day. What did your children do for their dad and what did you do for yours?
As last week's listening was quite long and most of you didn't finish, I'd like you to complete that work first. Here is the link again so you can complete the activity.

When you've done that, I'd like you to look at the language learning tips you wrote a couple of weeks ago and add them to a common page so we can see if we get to 101!!!! I have to invite you to join the site. You'll need to open your emails and see the invite from me. Then you can follow the link and open the page and edit it. Read the other tips first and then add yours. DO NOT write a tip that's already there! Only one person can edit at a time so you may have to wait a bit before you get a turn.

Try to remember to bring some photos on a USB/memory stick next week so you can do a photostory. You only need about 5-10 photos. It's better if they are on a theme say a party or picnic or holiday. That way the story can make more sense.

If you finish all today's work, just have a look at this 'Australia' prepositions quiz. No need to print it! Just show me the online work you've done.

Have a good week and happy blogging!





7 comments:

lutfun said...

Yes Bangladesh also has the tradition of celebrateing 'Father's Day'. Unfortunately I lost my Father when I was younger. But Every Father's Day I remember the exciting childhood I spent whith my Father, I respect the day and pray for my father.This year my children and I made a photo frame and a card for their dad to celebrate 'Fathers Day'.

Jing said...

Father's Day is not very popular in China. But more and more chinese people are familiar with this festival in these years. I called my dad yesterday. I said happy Father's Day to him and he said happy birthday to me. Yesterday is my birthday in traditional chinese calendar.

Jessie zhang said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kateryna said...

Father's Day!

Good day all! Yesterday was Father's day in Australia. In Ukraine Father's day we celebrate 23 February,but it's mean not only Father's Day it mean Army Day! On that day man have presents from woman. 23 February we celebrate usually at home, cooking tasty dinner, some people prefer went to the restaurant.That day also very important for military man, they very proud to be in Army!

Tatyana said...

We don't have such a day in my country, but we have an Army Day and we congratulate all men and boys on that day. Women and girls present gifts, prepare tasty food and organize some concerts for them.
My daughter presented some gifts for her Dad yesterday, he was touched by her presents.

Thomas said...

We have Father's day in Hong Kong but it is on the third Sunday of June. We usually go out to have lunch or dinner with the whole family members to celebrate the Father's day.

This year, it is remarkable for me as I received a photoframe which was made by my son (but it is better to say it is mainly made by my wife). We went to a Church in the morning and we had a lunch with another close-knit family friend in a Japanese restaurant in Hurstville .

Jessie zhang said...

I called my dad yesterday. He was very happy but I got a complaint from my mum because I'd forgotten to ring her on Mother's Day.

My son made a Father's Day card and put it in our mail box. That made his father very happy on the day.